- 4 chicken breasts, split or pounded
- 4-8 slices prosciutto
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 c. white wine
- 1 c. strong chicken stock
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of cayenne, optional
- Small bunch of fresh sage leaves, optional
- 1/4 lb butter, softened
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccini, cooked
- 1 lb steamed broccoli florets
- Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place a slice or two of prosciutto on each chicken breast and roll up the chicken and prosciutto tightly into a long thin roll. Secure with toothpicks.
- Heat a frying pan and add olive oil.
- Quickly saute the chicken on all sides and place on a cookie sheet to finish in the oven. Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes then top with cheese. Return to the oven for three minutes to just melt the cheese.
While the chicken bakes, place the shallot, wine, stock, lemon juice, cayenne and sage in a small frypan over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce by a half until there is about 1 cup of liquid remaining. Strain the solids from the sauce and keep the liquid hot. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter a little at a time until the sauce is thick.
To plate, place 3 ounces of cooked pasta on each plate. Remove the picks from the chicken and slice each into pinwheels. Place one chicken breast on each plate then top with sauce. Finish the plate with steamed broccoli florets.