- 1 rolled pie crust, softened
- 2 baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ¼ c. walnuts
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 T. cornstarch
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. freshly ground nutmeg
- sprinkle of ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Roll out the pie crust onto a greased cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Mound in the middle of the pie crust. Pull 2 inches of the crust up all the way around pleating over itself until the crust is pulled up all the way around.
- The filling should show through in the center. This is an open-faced apple pie. If desired, brush the crust with milk or egg wash. If desired, sprinkle all over with sugar or cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.apple-and-walnut