Help us grow a new generation of viewers and listeners by joining our Next Gen board!
The Community Idea Stations is on the hunt for creative, innovative, social media savvy individuals to help us further our reach "Beyond the Broadcast." If you are passionate about public media (TV, radio or both!) and want to serve on a working board to broaden our audience and deepen engagement in new and exciting ways, then we want to hear from you.
WHAT IS EXPECTED/REQUIRED OF ME?
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Live within our broadcast area.
- Attend board meetings once a month with the possibility of additional subcommittee meetings as needed to define and achieve goals. Meetings will be held at our offices on 23 Sesame Street!
- Attend training/orientation sessions with staff to get a full understanding of how the station operates.
- Become a member at any level, to demonstrate your commitment to our mission of "using the power of media to educate, entertain and inspire."
WHAT WILL BOARD SERVICE WITH THE COMMUNITY IDEA STATIONS OFFER ME?
- Become a PBS & NPR insider. Get exclusive access to our events, initiatives and content.
- Valuable experience in the field of public media including exposure to community organizations in our impact areas of news, history, science, education and the arts.
- The opportunity to effect change within public media in your community by addressing the needs and interests of broader audiences.
- The opportunity to act as a liaison to our TV and Radio Station Boards.
I'M DEFINITELY INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Tell us about yourself! Fill out the application below and let us know why you love public media and why you want to share your love of news, music and more with friends.
Can't see the application? Click here.
Submissions are due by October 30, 2017
We will work to review all submissions and call for interviews by November 6, 2017