Family Activity Tip of the Day
PBS Parents Apps
PBS’ first app designed specifically for parents, PBS Parents Play & Learn provides more than a dozen games parents can play with their kids, each themed around a familiar location – including at the grocery store, in a car, in the kitchen, and many more.
The bilingual (English/Spanish) PBS Parents Play & Learn App makes it easy for parents to seize upon those daily “teachable moments” through theme-based interactive games and simple hands-on activities that connect math and literacy skills to everyday experiences.
The app is designed to build on a child’s natural curiosity about his or her everyday world and to encourage dialogue between kids and parents. Each game comes with a parent note that provides information about the math and literacy skills woven into the game and suggestions for effective ways to interact with a child while playing the game to maximize the learning experience.
- 13 interactive games
- parent notes with each game
- 52 easy hands-on activities
- a free-play sticker area
- weekly push notifications with more ideas for parents
- completely bilingual (English/Spanish)
Designed specifically for parents, the PBS KIDS Super Vision™ app helps you monitor and make the most of what your child is learning and playing on pbskids.org.
By entering a simple code in the app, you’ll connect your mobile device to start monitoring and receiving real-time information about what your child is playing, watching, and learning on pbskids.org. This app also provides off-screen activity ideas that are related to your child’s interests to help build key skills.
Other tools offered within the app that help to maximize your child’s learning experience include:
- Setting a Play Timer to help your child transition from playing online to another activity.
- Receiving an Activity Summary to view the top educational skills, shows, videos and games your child used on pbskids.org.
- Accessing more PBS KIDS educational mobile apps.