In the first hour, some musicians who recall the less homogenized, more improvisatory days of classical music. Later, more pieces about gypsies, tramps, and thieves (no Cher, however, on the program).
- Pablo Casals, Eugene Istomin / Nana
- Jacqueline Du Pre, Chicago Symphony, Daneil Barenboim / Cello Concerto in B minor, op. 68 (first movement)
- Martha Argerich, Bavarian RSO, Kirill Kondrashin / Piano Concerto #1 in B flat minor, op. 23 (first movement)
- Glenn Gould / Piano Sonata #30 in E major, op. 109
- Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, Neville Marriner / Symphony #99 in E flat major
- Lars Ulrik Mortensen / Suite in C major
- See more...