Sibelius' ever-popular Violin Concerto to start the program in a performance by the Richmond Symphony with the Symphony's own Karen Johnson as the soloist. Also, in anticipation of Father's Day, some music about good AND bad fathers (or father figures), and some composers who grew up in happy or unhappy households.
- Karen Johnson, Richmond Symphony, Mark Russell Smith / Violin Concerto in D minor
- David Matthews, Patrick McFarland, Carl Nitchie / Divertimento
- Chamber Orchestra of Europe, Nikolaus Harnocourt / The Creatures of Prometheus (excerpts), op. 45
- Michala Petri, Keith Jarrett / Sonata, BWV 1034
- Belgian RSO, Jose Serebrier / Incidental Music to King Lear, op. 137
- Maurice Andre, Jean-Francois Paillard Chamber Orchestra / Trumpet Concerto in D major
- See more...