The Richmond Symphony Youth Orchestra will perform a free concert Sunday evening, May 18th at the Carpenter Theatre. The orchestra is led by conductor Peter Jacobson, who stopped by our studios to discuss the concert along with bassoon soloist Johnny Willing. Johnny is a very talented senior who attends Atlee High School in Hanover County.
This weekend’s performance will feature the following program:
- Verdi: Overture to La Forza Del Destino
- Delius: Prelude to Irmelin
- Weber: Bassoon Concerto (Johnny Willing, bassoon)
- Dvorak: Slavonic Dance #6 from Op. 46
- Viet Cuong: Music Hall Scene
- Chabrier: Espana
It was a pleasure to talk with Johnny and we wish him the very best in his future musical endeavors!
Yours in good music,
Classical Music Host, 88.9 WCVE