Save The Date!
You’re invited to our Second Annual Explore the Outdoors Event on May 4, 2014 from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.!
Check out this video from our 2013 Event:
Explore the Outdoors 2013 Was A Big Hit
The Community Idea Stations, Science Matters and Chesterﬁeld County Parks and Recreation teamed up for a fun day of exploration and discovery. From nature walks to outdoor investigations, families, friends, and neighbors were invited to participate in hands-on experiences that encouraged kids to learn more about science. The day featured 40+ local organizations who specialized in outdoor activities for families. This community event was free and open to the public.
Check out some of the Activities Offered at the 2013 Explore the Outdoors Event:
- Up close and personal with live owls, raptors and reptiles
- Hike the trails of Huguenot Park and learn about trees and animal tracks
- Bug Walks to uncover all kinds of bugs
- Discover hidden Geocaches
- Tree climbibg with a special guide
- Fishing games and try Stand up Paddleboarding-on dry land
- Nature-based arts and crafts
- A group recycled art project
- Learn all about bees and how to identify birds and their songs
- Playing lots of outdoor games
- Make and fly a kite
- Meet Smokey the Bear, Curious George and a Mermaid