The Community Idea Stations is seeking an Engineer-In-Charge (EIC) for our Production Truck. This is a full time position that reports to the Vice President for Engineering and Digital Operations. This position is responsible for remote live event planning and remote transmission support and works closely with Tech Managers and Production Management to ensure all engineering related items are delivered as needed for mobile production.
- Support and execute live/recorded programming and conduct quality control of all outgoing feeds
- Adjust, align and integrate all elements of truck equipment inventory to provide a mobile production facility as required by events. Elements include but are not limited to: camera, lenses, video servers and other video recording devices
- Read and understand signal flow diagrams
- Understand, configure and maintain broadcast transmission including audio, video, and fiber systems
- Understand video and audio file formats and structures for both import and export to post-production and IP-delivered sources and destinations
- Modify existing equipment, layout, design and maintenance of electrical circuits including component and surface mount repairs on all broadcast equipment
- Fulfill designated “on-call” responsibilities relating to support
- Respond and report on client concerns regarding transmission paths and coordinate conference bridges
- Participate in evaluating and recommending solutions
- Requires travel and flexible hours including overnight and weekend travel
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in broadcast transmission environments with an emphasis on digital video broadcast and web streaming
- Intimately familiar with Ross Carbonite Switchers, Expression Graphics and terminal gear and Grass Valley LDX 80 Cameras
- Experience with Yamaha audio mixing systems and Clear Com, and RTS intercom systems
- Able to directly support and interface with producers, TD’s, and network operation managers
- Able to visually identify video signal issues, noise, pixilation, etc.
- Ability to support others in the process of video streaming during live events
- Ability to succeed in high pressure live production environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to perform successfully with little to no supervision during remote events
- Excellent troubleshooting skills while under time and resource constraints with strong prioritization and triage skills
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving and background record
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is February 24, 2017.
Digital Support Assistant
The Community Idea Stations is seeking a public broadcasting fanatic with knowledge of social media, web, and streaming technology for the position of Digital Support Assistant. This is a full time position that reports to the Vice President for Digital Media.
Responsibilities include providing excellent and timely customer service support and help to users streaming programs on mobile and electronic platforms; this position also provides input to support the promotion of these services. Responsibilities also include providing support for day-to-day social media and website content creation and other special digital projects as necessary.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about public broadcasting programs both on TV and radio. Candidates should be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people both virtually and in person, and should have experience using streaming services, social media, and apps and the ability to explain them to other people. Excellent written and oral communication skills are critical to this position. A college degree or equivalent experience is desired, as well as experience in customer service or support.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com -- as well as a response to the following:
- Discuss your favorite public broadcasting programs and why
- Describe a time when you were able to help someone use a new platform, website, or technology
- Discuss your experience using social media, including username/handles
Submissions without this information will not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until February 24, 2017.
The Community Idea Stations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)
The Community Idea Stations use the power of media to educate, entertain and inspire. We are the largest locally owned and operated media company in the region, each week reaching more than 300,000 people throughout central Virginia of every age, demographic and economic circumstance through our TV and radio programs.
The Community Idea Stations include 88.9 WCVE Public Radio, WCVE PBS, WHTJ PBS, WCVW PBS, WCVE Create, and MHz Worldview. For more information about the Community Idea Stations, visit our website at ideastations.org; or follow us on Facebook (WCVE) or twitter (@wcve).
Our many employee benefits include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) savings plan with match, and tuition reimbursement. We offer a generous amount of paid time off and holidays, flexible work arrangements, and a fun, casual atmosphere.
If you wish to send in a resumé in response to an employment listing, you do not have to complete an application beforehand.