Development Officer – Full Time
The Community Idea Stations is seeking a dynamic Development Officer with a passion for public broadcasting. This is a full time, exempt position working with the leadership giving group to cultivate and maintain donors in the Richmond area. Competitive candidates will have direct experience stewarding and soliciting major donors. Comparable experience cultivating community leaders and communicating organization impact will be considered.
- Managing a caseload of major donors, building long term relationships with individuals and matching their interests to giving opportunities and engaging them with the mission of the Community Idea Stations
- Initiating contact through personal meetings, lunches, tours, events, correspondence and an e-newsletter and providing customer service to donors
- Working with databases and relationship management software to perform analytics, to document outreach and to set priorities for contact to client base to achieve annual revenue targets and to fundraise for special projects
- Contributing to the overall development team effort, through participation in on air fundraising campaigns and events that strengthen individual giving to the stations.
- Passion for public broadcasting and communicating mission; genuine interest in people,
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role; bachelor’s degree,
- Polished, professional demeanor and high level of trustworthiness, integrity and tactfulness
- Outstanding communications skills and speaking and writing
- Detail oriented, high-level organization and analytic skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, word). Analytical skills and comfort working with databases and donor management software required
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to:
Commonwealth Public Broadcasting Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
23 Sesame Street, Richmond, VA 23235.
Submissions without this information will not be considered.
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
The Community Idea Stations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE)
The Community Idea Stations use the power of media to educate, entertain and inspire. We are the largest locally owned and operated media company in the region, each week reaching more than 300,000 people throughout central Virginia of every age, demographic and economic circumstance through our TV and radio programs.
The Community Idea Stations include 88.9 WCVE Public Radio, WCVE PBS, WHTJ PBS, WCVW PBS, WCVE Create, and MHz Worldview. For more information about the Community Idea Stations, visit our website at ideastations.org; or follow us on Facebook (WCVE) or twitter (@wcve).
Our many employee benefits include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) savings plan with match, and tuition reimbursement. We offer a generous amount of paid time off and holidays, flexible work arrangements, and a fun, casual atmosphere.