Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will use social media and web platforms to help the company expand the impact of its programs, engage its constituents, develop new fans and members, and reinforce its brand.
- Develop the company’s social media strategy and goals
- Create and manage social media activities
- Increase the station’s impact and engagement in the digital arena, promote discussion, collect and disseminate follower input
- Manage e-mail and social media campaigns, including paid promotions
- Analyze and report on social efforts, use data to adjust strategies and goals
- Benchmark efforts against industry and local leaders
- Other duties: Create web content/articles, SEO/SEM integration
- College degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to execute and manage projects
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with social media tools and strategies
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
Candidate should have experience running campaigns on popular social media platforms like Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. Must have strong writing skills. Ideal candidate will have experience with SEO/SEM, writing for the web, and some graphic design experience. Would love someone with a little HTML experience as well.
Plan to submit links to showcase your web writing, social media savvy and general awesomeness.
The deadline for resumés is January 26, 2015
Please send resumé to:
Attn: Human Resources
Commonwealth Public Broadcasting Corporation
23 Sesame Street
Richmond, VA 23235
or submit your resumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commonwealth Public Broadcasting (CPBC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Community Idea Stations provide public radio (NPR) and television (PBS) programming in Central Virginia. Stations include 88.9 WCVE Public Radio, WCVE PBS, WHTJ PBS, WCVW PBS, WCVE Create, and MHz Worldview. For more information about the Community Idea Stations, visit our website at ideastations.org; or follow us on Facebook (WCVE) or twitter (@wcve).
If you wish to send in a resumé in response to an employment listing, you do not have to complete an application beforehand.