Commonwealth Circle is a leadership giving program that recognizes donors who make unrestricted gifts of $1,000 or more to the annual fund. Nearly 400 Commonwealth Circle members help the Community Idea Stations bring high-quality programming to Central Virginia through PBS, NPR and local productions that educate, enrich and inspire viewers and listeners alike. This partnership helps to ensure that the power of media strengthens the communities we serve, empowers families and informs citizens.
Commonwealth Circle Benefits
In recognition of your support, we make a special effort to engage you and keep you informed. Our Commonwealth Circle manager plans special events, coordinates station tours, communicates with members about their interests and questions, and serves as a liaison to station staff and programming information. Members enjoy:
- Invitations to program premieres and to join the studio audience for the taping of local programs, televised debates, public affairs studio events and in-studio, live music performances
- Station tour and lunch with Community Idea Stations President and CEO Curtis Monk
- Access to the Commonwealth Circle video lending library
- Special mailings and notifications about programming
- WCVE Public Radio Day Sponsorships available for every $300 in giving
Commonwealth Circle Giving Levels:
- President’s Cabinet $20,000+
- Visionary $10,000–$19,999
- Executive Producer $7,500–$9,999
- Producer $5,000–$7,499
- Director $2,500–$4,999
- Member $1,000–$2,499
For Gifts of Stock
Our brokerage account is with Davenport and Company (our contact is Cathy Keiger at (804)780.2115. Davenport’s DTC number is 0715. Our account number at Davenport is 2074-7870.
The Community Idea Stations are a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable organization headquartered at 23 Sesame Street, Richmond VA 23235. Our federal tax identification number is 54-0735782. Our legal name is Commonwealth Public Broadcasting Corporation.
For more information, please contact:
- Trish Poupore, Director of Major Gifts at (804) 560.8145
- Mary Ellen Garrigue, Commonwealth Circle Associate at (804) 560.8260.
- Alex Wiles, Commonwealth Circle Liaison at (804) 560.8148.
- Scott Peters, Commonwealth Circle Liaison at (804) 560.8265.