For Grete Dollitz - There Can Be Only One (Date Night Challenge - Classical Guitar style)
When we threw down the gauntlet and challenged our radio announcers to send us the list of music they'd play on a date night, Grete Dollitz, host of The Hour With the Guitar, said "There can be only one."
- One melody to make an impression on someone you've just met
- One melody for falling in love
- One melody for a couple solidly in love
- One melody for the newly wed couple, and
- One melody for those lucky ones who've been happily married a long time.
Nothing more than this fantastic piece would be needed.
What is this piece Grete???
Answer: The second movement of the "Concierto de Aranjuez" by Joaquin Rodrigo. Here it is - performed by John Williams:
What do you think? Did Grete get it right? Share your favorites in the comments!
If you liked the music you can purchase it on Amazon (the station receives a small benefit when you use our link and the cost to you is the same)
John Williams Seville Concert
And - if you liked this post - you may also like:
- Some Like it Hot – Classical Music for a Hot and Sultry Date Night (Bobbie Barajas's take on the date night music challenge)
- A Beautiful Friendship - Musical Date Night with Ian and Mariah Stewart